Pages


Friday, June 4, 2010

Lord of the Flies

It’s been a long time since i read a “good” book…I’m always a victim of crappy “Booker” novels or long boring books in the name of “Classics”…(All right.. I know some bookworms out there are smirking at me)….Anyway recently I finished reading Lord of the Flies by William Golding…woa.. Now that’s what I call a classic….It’s a common phenomenon that people are left depressed after reading this book.. Although the same thing happened to me , it left a huge mark on me…

“Ralph wept for the end of innocence, the darkness of man’s heart, and the fall through the air of the true, wise friend called Piggy.”
That single line gave me a sleepless night…Have you ever wished for a chance to remain like Peter Pan ? or atleast a chance to grow up again? I’m sure you will feel it after reading this book…The protagonist Ralph’s transition from a confident child leader to a crumbling man was the highlight of the book….. The novel subtly brought out the ironic fact that Man forms rules and regulations in the name of a “Civilization” only to end up being miserably wrong..

Anyway I have a lot more to say about this book but right now I’m studying for my class test(duh!) …so bye for now..

P.S: For people who've had the misfortune of reading this blog, please bear with me for using excessive quotes and anyways… This is my first post… :)

No comments:

Post a Comment